Saturday, September 17, 2011

From New Brunswick to Sudbury


Day 34 of the Conga was a riding day, an 820 Kilometre ride from Grand Falls NB!

The ride had been a hot one, filled with drivers that had short tempers and I am sure heat stroke because I witnessed some really silly stuff out there!

I arrived at my hotel, the Comfort Inn West Kanata around supper time. The gal at the front desk was busy but cheerful and working with other customers when I arrived, she made sure I was acknowledged. When my turn came to be assisted it was accomplished quickly.

I love this hotel, the staff are always pleasant and helpful and this night I was going to appreciate the bed and hot shower the most! 

I called Scott from the Biker Coffee Company and he and I met at a little Vietnamese restaurant up by the retail location that Biker Coffee is sold at. After we went to Starbucks for a coffee, had some great conversation and then I headed back for the hotel.

Soon I was pealing off the gear and getting ready for bed. I WAS BEAT from the heat and the dumb drivers I encountered during the days riding.

At three in the morning I had a wonderful surprise. Cookie and Tim were here, at my room and they were going to ride with me to Sudbury! Sometime I can be slow on the uptake but now the reason for her text asking what the hotel addy was and what room I was in was all about!

If you are looking for really rider friendly accommodations I suggest you check out the
Comfort Inn Ottawa West
222 Hearst Way
Ottawa, ON K2L 3A2
 
Tel: (613) 592-2200

Fax: (613) 591-9600
cn270fd@whg.com

I truly enjoy this hotel, it's staff and it's location!

Breakfast at Comfort Inn West Kanata
The breakfast room at the Comfort Inn West Kanata
Tim, Cookie and Bob waiting at hotel checkout
Tim, Cookie and Bob waiting for me to check out
On the morning of day 35 we got up early, having breakfast and getting motorcycles packed up. Bob Godin met us for coffee. Tim, Cookie, Bob and I would all be heading out to Arnprior and the Antrim Flea market, the home Motorcyco Beau's!
Inside Motorcyco Beau's
Inside Motorcyco Beau's

Beau and Bob Godin
Here I am with (L) Beau and (R) Bob Godin,
Out front of Beau's
Out front of Beau's
We had a good time shopping for new helmet stickers and there was a good amount of chin wagging that took place too! After filming a Motorcycle Awareness PSA with Cookie and doing photos with Bob, Beau and the rest of the gang, it was time to head for Sudbury.

We had a mixed weather day for riding, alternating between rain and over cast but as we got closer to Sudbury the sun began to shine again.
Super 8 Sudbury
The Super 8 Sudbury
My room, on the ground floor right by the back entry, nice and close to my bike!
I checked in to the hotel, the young desk clerk was very helpful and had lots of menus on hand for us to get some food delivered. Cookie and Tim were only staying for supper and then riding out to the Lindsey region as both had to be at work in the morning. After a feed from Swiss Chalet it was time to say good bye. 
I had no problem falling to sleep this night! The room was comfortable, the shower was fantastic and the sleep much needed! I was grateful to wake up to text messages from Cookie saying she and Tim had made it to their respective towns and homes safe and sound.



I went to get some coffee and have a walk about the hotel. 
Coffee in hand and I walked around the outside of the hotel and counted 8 bikes in the lot including mine.  




I talked to some riders who were doing the Superior Lake Tour. 
After some jabs and bantering I wished them safe journey and went to have breakfast and then get Black Betty packed up.

When I was planning the Conga, I had asked one of the members on www.beltdrivebetty.com, Timothy Gordon, for advice on a room to check out in Sudbury and he recommended the Super 8 and now I can too.

If you find yourself in the Sudbury area, consider staying with this Rider Friendly Business Association® partner!

Super 8 Sudbury
1956 Regent Street
Regent/Paris/Long Lake Rd.
Sudbury, ON P3E 3Z9
Phone: 705-522-7600
Web Site: Super 8 Sudbury
 
I had no one that I was meeting, and a whole day on the road to me so I decided to do a few things I have always wanted to do. I wanted to ride a local rider’s favourite ride and then I wanted to head to Elliot Lake and ride the Deer Trail.....

No comments:

Post a Comment